LEARN 2 LAX | BEGINNER CLINIC SESSION 1
AGE: 6-9 and 10-13 years old
DATES: Nov. 6, 13, 20, 27; Dec. 4, 11, 18
TIME: Boys: Girls:
LOCATION: Teamworks Northborough
This is the perfect introduction to the sport of Lacrosse!
Our goal is to teach the basic skills of lacrosse in a fun, high-energy environment and share our passion for the game of lacrosse.
7 week program focused on introducing the fundamental skills needed to play the sport.
Our experienced staff specializes in working with new players to introduce the skills necessary to be a successful player and then reinfoce those skills through activities and games.
Only a lacrosse stick is needed to participate. No stick? No problem! We have a limited number of introductory lacrosse sticks for players to use for this program.
Week 1 - Basic Stick Skills
- Players will learn how to properly hold the stick and position thier hands to cradle the lacrosse ball
- Players will learn how to move with the ball through the use of the cradle at different speeds and directional change
Week 2 - Picking Up/Scooping Ground Balls
- Instruction on the basic techniques to scoop up balls that are on the ground and transition to a cradle
- Players will learn the basic communication used by teammates during a ground ball situation and the overall importance of communication in the game of lacrosse
- Ground ball activities and games will be used to reinforce goundball techniques
Week 3 - Catching and Throwning
- Coaches will demonstrate the proper hand position and technique for catching and throwing. Players will mirror their actions
- Coaches will work with players to develop the proper catching and throwing techniques including hand and arm position, upper body movement and footwork
- Players will participate in drills to work on this skill both stationary and on the move
Week 4 - Shooting
- Like throwing, coaches will demonstrate the proper hand position and technique for shooting
- Proper hand and arm position along with upper body rotation and footwork will be emphasized
- Players will participate in shooting drills that incorporate previously learned skills too
Week 5 - Dodging
- Coaches will introduce ways for the ball carrier to ellude their opponent using a skill called dodging
- Players will work on the footwork, stick work, and body movements that result in a successful dodge
- Face dodge, roll dodge, and split dodge will be introduced in addition to teaching chaning of direction and variation of speed
Week 6 - Defense
- Coaching staff will introduce the basic concepts of individual player-to-player defense
- Players will work on proper stance, footwork, body position and defensive techniques
- Players will be guided as to the basic rules of playing defense with an emphasis on safety and the use of body posititioning over checking
Week 7 - Wrap-up
- This is the chance for players to show the cumulative skills they have learned over the session
- Activities and games will be used as an opportunity for players to show off what they have learned
- Players will be divided into teams based on size and ability for a few rounds of QUICKLacrosse
Location and Directions
185 Otis Street
Northborough, MA 01532
Teamworks is conveniently located off of Route 9 in Northborough, between Worcester and Framingham. This 70,000 square-foot indoor facility features a non-boarded turf field and 3 boarded turf fields.